Sunday, July 3, 2011

Gnome Sweet Gnome

I love garden gnomes and when I saw the gnomes on the Freshly Picked cartridge, I just knew I had to have it.  I decided to use Freshly Picked to make this picture to hang up in the entry way of my house.  This is also my entry into the Scrappy Frogs Summer Flowers challenge.

gnome [1280x768] 

The gnomes and the flower box are from Freshly Picked.  The words gnome sweet gnome are from Kate’s ABC’s.  All the patterns and paper are from the Hopscotch Imagine cartridge.  I love the soft muted colors on this cartridge and I think they look great on the gnomes.  For the face on the larger gnome, I used Peachy Keen face stamps (Mrs. Claus)

misc 4th of july 023 [1280x768] 

I think it gives him such a sweet looking little face.  I chalked around the edges of the die cuts and added some faux stitching. 

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cute! Great way to use those gnomes. I have that cartridge and don't think I've used the gnomes once.

Sheri said...

Mindy...this beyond cute!!!

Marie said...

Great card! Good luck!!!
Craftelicious.blogspot.com

Sara Kate said...

Too cute! Good luck :)